Monday, November 2, 2009

Ed Answers

In going through my immense backlog of unanswered emails, I found a question that one of my readers asked to pass along to Ed Greenwood. His question was:
One of the most notable things I saw in your products was a thank you to Gary Gygax for creating the Drow in your supplement Drow of the Underdark in 1991. That thank you is notable since there wasn't a lot of mention of Gary's name after his departure, and I know EGG and Lorraine Williams didn't get along. Because of that, did you encounter any resistance to placing that thank you?
So I passed the question on to Ed, who rather quickly replied as follows:
No resistance at all. I'm not sure upper management ever actually read any of the products unless some complaint or controversy brought something to their attention.
So there you have it.

5 comments:

  1. " I'm not sure upper management ever actually read any of the products..."

    That explains a lot actually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I knew what the answer would be even as I read the question :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for answering my question, Ed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I've never encountered an instance of upper management knowing what's going on.

    ReplyDelete